11 March 2015

Lets talk about the color code.

The color code is mentioned in my "about me" and is by far my faaaavorite personality test. Just like how only three primary colors can make a whole rainbow, the four "personality colors" all mix up in unique way to make YOUR personality color. I’m yellow with a side of blue (22 yellow, 10 blue, 7 white, 6 red), and it really makes sense to me. Sometimes I can feel my blue side wanting the yellow part of me to take a backseat so that I can be responsible and mature. But when I actually try to do that, my yellow side feels suffocated, haha! My blue side is why I show up on time and like to share personal details of my life. My yellow side is why I am indecisive and get frustrated so easily by even the simplest of grown-up things (like filling up my gas tank…ugh, lame!). I’ve had this inner conflict my whole life but I’ve never really been able to put my finger on why. 

Matthew, on the other hand, is SO red. He is like 99% red. He doesn’t understand why I want to go on dates on Saturdays (our free days) because he just sees it as extra time to get things done that he wasn’t able to do during the week. Him: “Why would we go to the movies when I can replace the air conditioner on your car?” Me: “Uh…can’t we just drive with the windows down?” I think I would die if I didn’t do something to decompress on the weekends. 

Anyways, I think it’s safe to say that you should probably take the color code personality test right now. The whole reason that sparked this post is that I found a free one online here! You're welcome. It doesn’t really go into the colors weaknesses though, so if you really want to dive in, I recommend doing a little google research to really understand your colors better (note: on the interwebs, whites are sometimes called greens, just FYI). I like this article because it tells you how to better interact with certain colors. Honestly I think it has helped our marriage because we understand a little bit more of what makes the other one tick. If nothing else, it's a fun waste of time, right?? Make sure to come back and tell me what you are after you take it!

PS - Certain colors are more suited for different careers, like a doctor is more likely to be a red than a white…I wonder what the majority of bloggers are?! 

8 comments

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

I have literally never heard of this before very interesting! Thanks for the share!

Brittany said...

Ooohhh! I've never heard about the color test, but I love personality quizzes that help explain the way you are and why you interact the way you do with certain people! Can't wait to do this one!

Leslie said...

I've never heard of this before either, but I'm definitely going to take this test later tonight! Thanks for sharing!

Shyree said...

I love the color code! It makes such a difference when you are trying to figure who you are and why. Have you read the book? We refer to it all the time. Together Nick and I happen to be pretty much a perfect balance of the 4 colors. I'm blue/white, he is red/yellow. Have you heard of energy profiling? That's another great personality theory. It goes even deeper.

Kenzie Smith said...

This test sounds really interesting! I wish that I had a printer so that I could print it out and do it :D

Rocio Lopez said...

Laynah this is so cool! I just took the color code quiz and am predominantly red, which is funny because you mentioned doctors are more likely to be red and it just so happens I'm a med student. I love reading your blog!

Melissa said...

I've never heard about this test, but it sounds so interesting! Now if only I had a working printer to print this out haha ;)

Kay R. said...

Never heard of it wither! But i love me some personality tests so Ill definitely check it out!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs