10 March 2016

The Whiskayyy

If you follow me on instagram or facebook, you know that my Mattie is in a little band...although I have never actually said the band's name on any of my posts because I do not like it at all lol! It's called F n' Son (or F "N" Son on Facebook which pretty much makes zero sense) and was so named because the drummer and guitarist are a father and son duo, and they are the ones who started the band. 

Silly name aside, they are all great people and get along really well, and Matthew LOVES being able to blow off some steam with them - oh and they actually sound pretty good (I'll put a link to listen at the bottom of this post!). I grew up on Metallica and other heavy 80's rock so I really do enjoy their music even though my music preference is country. Some of their songs even get stuck in my head and I find myself listening to them at work haha. 

But we get so many awkward questions about Matthew being in a band! I guess we have more time to pursue our hobbies since it's taking forever for us to get pregnant and for some reason thats strange? Photography has become my baby and music is Matthew's, haha. NO he's not going to quit his job and try to "make it big" in the music industry. NO this doesn't mean that he will be a bad father or that he's not ready to be a father. YES you can have a hobby and still be responsible adult too lol. I absolutely love that he is doing something that he loves and that I finally have a chance to support him like he supported me when I said I wanted to be a birth photographer. 

So this last weekend they played a show at the Whisky a Go Go, which is really freakin' incredible. Van Halen, Motley Crue, Metallica, and Alice Cooper have all played at this venue. It was only their second show ever and they did amaaaazing! They did so good that two days later they were asked to open for Black Stone Cherry!! Here are a few pictures from the event.


I thought it was ironic that on the way there we took a back road instead of the freeway, so it was a gorgeous drive with fresh, green views...but we were on our way to a gritty little club in Hollywood haha.








Experiences like this help me see the silver lining in the never-ending black storm cloud that is infertility. This is something that Matthew has always dreamed of doing, and not many people are lucky enough to able to do what they truly love like this. Babies will come eventually, but memories like this can not be re-made. And if you're dying to hear what my husband sounds like...do NOT go find their Facebook page and watch an iPhone video of the show haha - those are literally the worst quality and it makes them sound sooo much worse than they do in real life! Click here for their soundcloud account - my favorite song of theirs is Mental Hostage but most of my friends love Fade because it is their slow song. 

Oh and about opening for Black Stone Cherry...that gig would have been on April 22nd but we are MOVING TO IDAHO on Monday the 18th!! My heart broke for my sweet, responsible husband when he called and told me that he had to say no to that amazing experience, but life goes on. Moving to Idaho is a story for a different day!

3 comments

ashleynicole @ [real life, real love] said...

AHHHH OH MY GOSH SO MANY THINGS TO SAY!
1. YAYYY my bestie is blogging!
2. SO cool that Matt is so famous ;)
3. YOU HAVE AN OFFICIAL MOVE DATE?!
4. Apparently this post put me in an all caps kind of mood.
5. YOU'RE MOVING SO MUCH CLOSERRRRR and I'm so very happy about it, though sad for Matt :( Can't he just move 5 days later? haha

Amie said...

I think it's awesome that you both have hobbies! Believe me I didn't realize it at the time but the first 5 years of our marriage that we had all to ourselves was really a good thing after all. If we had a baby on our time our marriage wouldn't be as strong as it is now that we do have a baby. Now I think back and realize the huge amount of free time we had back then! haha

Brittany said...

Very cool and exciting but a bummer that he has to miss the next show :(

Also you are moving?! That's awesome! Tell me more! Until we are finally brave enough to pick up and move to another state I live vicariously through others who do it haha

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs